Tuesday 3 October 2017

Learning To Fly: RIP Tom Petty

  As an avid fan of Tom Petty, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers and the Travelling Wilburys, it's no surprise that the death of rock legend Tom Petty has come as quite a shock to myself, and so many others. It feels so soon after losing somebody else up there on my music influences that part of me is once again struggling with this jarring news - meanwhile the other half has been refreshing media sources all night.

  Regardless of era, Petty was an artist that had a part in influencing a large portion of my music taste, as well as being a talented, kind and compassionate human being. Seeing the out-pour of support from artists and fans alike is genuinely comforting, especially in light of current events in Las Vegas.

  I don't plan on outstaying my welcome on this post, but I wanted to dedicate something to somebody that meant a lot to both the musician and music listener in me. Hope to catch you ridin' around in the breeze someday, Tom.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
03/10/2017




  

No comments:

Post a Comment