Friday 6 October 2017

The Drama Epidemic

  Why do the vast majority of our planet's population seem to think that if you're interested in a bit of drama, you must be a creature constantly craving conflict? (That alliteration was siiick. Four C's in a row, I'm impressed). It isn't necessarily a persistent desire, but it's delightful to be allowed to caper.

  I actually have no idea if it is the majority or not. Should I do some research on that?

  One moment...

  Upon my return, I find only two relevant articles. Huffington Post's 'are you addicted to drama?' and another from Bustle. 'Nine signs someone who says they "hate drama" actually loves it'... do you have nothing better to do with your time, Bustle? As for you, Huffington, I don't need you to tell me that I'm addicted to drama.

  As an example to my aforementioned point, the ongoing beef between content creators on YouTube keeps me entertained to no end. The dynamic of the creators bickering like children in parliament - sorry, politicians - and the audience interaction becomes evermore enthralling as endless parties join in. It's not as important as 'real life' drama, so nobody feels bad partying with everyone else. In fact, it's encouraged to choose a side.

  There are people I consider to be diseased smears among the YouTube-sphere that don't deserve the acclamation nor the adoration. People that lack the talent it takes to write down their own name, but I'd be inclined to admit it might be a little dull without those wretched archetypes around. If nobody enjoyed drama, there'd be no place for podcasts such as Baited! and Hot Wet Soup; both of which talk drama and trending topics on YouTube. People watch Baited! not only for the opinions, but to cackle along with Tommy C while Colossal Is Crazy and Killer Keemstar scream at one another like spoilt children.

  I myself simply find extreme fascination with the online community, and the drama resulting in how different everybody is, and there's nothing wrong with that. That's why we watch commentary channels like Pyrocynical, iDubbbz and H3H3Productions, because it's the easiest way to see what's a hip-happenin' whilst listening to their opinions and enjoying their personalities.

  I suggest checking out every name listed here, minus Keemstar, but hey you didn't hear that from me. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
06/10/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment