Friday 14 July 2017

The Zodiac Age

  Have you ever been in such a fit of excitement that nothing else mattered except the thing you were bouncing around the walls for? Well, allow me to bring you on a little cruise down memory lane.

  March 16th, 2006. Nine year old Meta had been playing PS1 games for years and now it was time for something different, something new that would inevitably form the intrinsic adoration for Square Enix that I hold to this day. I came home from school and my dad said, "I bought this for you, it looked like something you might like." He handed me the grey-cased platinum edition of Final Fantasy XII for the PS2. The only games I'd ever played for that console were Gran Turismo 4 and Spider-Man, (yes, the old one where you died if you touched the ground).

  And that's it! If that one instance hadn't happened, if my dad hadn't done that for me, I doubt I would be the avid gamer I am today. Final Fantasy opened up this whole other universe. RPG's?! You mean to tell me I can have in-game adventures that will shatter my heart and mind for the rest of my days, waste hundreds of hours of my actual life to form bonds with characters that do not exist?! ... I'm in!

  Anyway, what I actually wanted to tell you is that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age has finally been released for the PS4 and I've been completely head over heels with my old flame for days. Days that I know will become weeks. Possibly years. People will not see nor hear from me, but even if I do not re-emerge, know that I am happy. Know that I am content.

  See you next Tuesday!

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
14/07/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment