Friday 7 July 2017

Purpose

  Sometimes, regardless of what you're going through, there are always going to be occasions where you must put your own feelings away to help somebody else. I find myself doing this a lot lately.

  But I'm not resentful of that. If gently coaxing one person away from a cliff edge and through a bad time means helping them overcome the things they are wrestling, even for a night, then I know I did a good thing. I found my purpose and it was worth it. 

  Life is a quick-footed thoroughfare and it can seem impossible to find where you fit in. It can be a slow climb to get there, but all it takes is the right person who refuses to give up. To allow an individual to believe that they are worthless, that they could simply slip away with nobody noticing, would be an abhorrent thing to do. If you have the opportunity to pick somebody up, don't leave them to fall down. I can't emphasise how important that is.

  I know how predictable it is for somebody to say, 'don't worry, it gets better', but it's true. There's things ahead that will be worth everything difficult that ever laid you out flat on the pavement, and at the time it probably won't even occur to you how worth it it all was.

  If you ever feel like you're about to hurt yourself, please, please remember how important you really are. The time you have is precious and limited, so for you to deprive the world of the beautiful things you could accomplish would be an exceptional shame indeed.

For Kit.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
07/07/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment