Friday 28 July 2017

Meta's Issues With Writing

  Writing is so instilled in me at this point that I sometimes forget I have to actually write. Like, it's always on the brain whether it's vocabulary, bits of dialogue or an idea for a new project, but sometimes I find myself making more notes than actual progress. 'Oh, but making notes is progress, Meta!' I hear you screaming. Notes are helpful, yes, but if I don't actually use them for anything then it's a fairly pointless exercise.

  One thing I've noticed is that I rarely make a plan before I start writing - by 'rarely' I mean... well, never. I haven't followed any kind of guide since I was forced to do so in high school. I like to write and see where my head takes me rather than following strict guidelines, but recently I've been struggling to surpass even a few pages of fiction. The entire purpose of this blog was to force me to write regularly enough to pick up writing again as a whole.

  Well, I have. I've set off down the footpath of a journey, much like Ash Ketchum leaving Pallet Town to become the greatest Pokémon master there ever was. I hope that one day my craft will bear fruits that I can gaze at. I want more than anything to actually finish something. I'm sick of telling those around me that I'm beginning a new project only to throw it away a few weeks in. For me, writing is so esoteric that most of my work never sees the light of day. It sees the recycle bin, at best. I'd love to throw my work into the world and watch it grow, but beyond this blog it isn't ready. Not yet. You have to walk before you can run, and I'm still taking baby steps.

  So last night I decided that, after binge watching Pyrocynical till 3am, I was going to start planning. I've an idea for something extensive, and written notes in the form of what the chapters will be based around. The beginning is down, now I just need to keep it up, as hard as that will be for me.

  But I've kept up with this blog, right?

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
28/07/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment