Friday 6 April 2018

The Streetwise Fool

Do you ever feel like you're close enough to a person that you'd tell them things you wouldn't usually talk about, and then when those subjects do come up you feel an odd sense of regret?
Maybe I shouldn't have gone into such detail about that set of circumstances, no, in fact, keeping that to myself would've been a far better idea!
But I get to a certain point where I feel like I need to share things, pieces of me that are infallibly incriminating.
I physically cannot stop it, like... like I'm an addict.
Has that one misplaced judgement put me back a step?
Was I making any progress at all before that moment?
Sometimes I believe it's probably necessary to keep aspects of yourself hidden.
"Don't tell people what a shitty person you are, they'll hate you," but... I can't stop myself from doing it.
The rush I get, I know it's wrong but nothing gives me as palpable a feeling as that.
Maybe it's just me.
I'd give every part of me just for a reason to speak to somebody.
- Unknown

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
06/04/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment