Tuesday 10 April 2018

Kicking the Lamp

  It's difficult to know who to trust in my circles with the amount of past run-ins I've had. Sometimes it isn't even down to trust, but expecting too much from somebody you barely know can still lead to disappointment. Not in this case but... on occasion.

  Don't let people who don't know you from Adam or Steve tell you what or who you are. Don't open yourself up to that type of scrutiny. It's likely that they don't know shit and they're just projecting onto you because of how tremendously terrible their own life is. It's sad really when a person feels the need to bring others down just because they can, or because they're not being conscious enough of what they're saying to take any notice.

  Paraphrasing how Tyler Joseph once put it; I know if I see a lamp in the corner of a room, I'm supposed to walk out of the room without kicking the lamp. But maybe if I treated my physical surroundings the way I treat the people around me, I'd kick that lamp over.

  I used to think kicking the lamp was bad, given how often I do it. But you know what? Maybe it's best to kick a few lamps every now and then. It keeps the number of morons you allow into your life to a minimum, and that's always a good limitation to have. So go ahead, give a boot to your most disliked furniture, the cause of whatever hardships you're dealing with and dump them.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
10/04/2018

  

No comments:

Post a Comment