Friday 15 September 2017

Two Rules of Business

  "You're a nasty piece of work, you are."

  "Sorry mate, just the way I am."

  "But you don't have to be."

  Confused yet? Yeah, me too. It seems an OAP volunteering at the same warehouse I work at decided to get in my face all day, make comments and then call me a 'nasty piece of work' because he basically didn't understand humour and jokes I share with my colleagues and friends. Like shit, don't judge somebody on what they say to their friends.

  It doesn't bother me. Hell, I've spent too long caring what people think. Do not judge me on my work, the way I speak or my persona if you haven't even known me a week. We've spent less than twenty four hours working together. Maybe you think I'm supposed to be hugs, smiles and glitter but the brutal truth is I'm not the perfect individual you envisioned.

  I have flaws and I have issues, but don't you dare try to project an image of what you want me to be, or what you think I should be onto me. You don't know me. I've spent two years working alongside the people I was joking around with, and they are well aware that I would never say a single word against them and really mean it.

  I am me. Nothing more, nothing less. I am not sorry that I'm not who or what you want me to be. Perhaps you should be focusing more on yourself and what you need to fix. Do not make your issues mine. If you're unhappy with the way in which I choose to conduct my life, well sweetie, that's your problem.

  You might be wondering why the title is what it is. What are the two rules of business? Mind your own, and stay the hell out of mine.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
15/09/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment