Tuesday 19 September 2017

The Brightest Light

  Yesterday the official music video for Linkin Park's One More Light was dropped on their YouTube channel, and I don't think anybody was prepared. As you would probably expect, the video is four and a half minutes of raw emotion. I know Chester used to sing it for Chris Cornell after his passing, but now I struggle to associate it with anybody but Chester.

  It's been a few months since his passing, and I know myself and so many others still think about and miss Chester every single day. Such a bright smile hiding so much pain behind a soul that did nothing but shine. It's hard to believe that he's still gone, that we haven't woken up from this yet, but I'm so glad we all have the resources to remember him when he was truly at his finest.

  I implore you to go check out the video if you want to see a man being bathed in well deserved love and affection - and, y'know, if you want to cry... a lot. It's a perfect mish-mash of a live performance of the song, and of so many happy moments Chester got to experience. Moments that will live on through us because we get to experience them alongside him.

  I'm sorry this Tuesday's post isn't longer, but I don't want to outstay my welcome on this particular topic. I'll leave a link for you to check out the video. Until next time, guys.

  One More Light (Official Video) - Linkin Park

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
19/09/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment