Tuesday 12 September 2017

Elder Lols: Fun With Skyrim

  I've been having quite a bit of fun on Skyrim since last week. Me and my lovely went on a journey to the local shopping centre and I picked up the special edition as prompted by a mate. It was either that or Dark Souls III. DS was actually two quid cheaper but I've heard better things about Skyrim, and I must say I'm impressed.

  The game originally came out when I was still in college, and I remember students and lecturers alike all taking days off to play on release. The same happened with GTA V and The Witcher 3, but I expect nothing less from a gaming course, honestly. Bunch'a nerds.

  So what have I done so far since Saturday? Not a whole lot, really. I got to Riverwood, ransacked Gerdur's house, got lost somewhere in the mountains, threw myself off a cliff singing, "AHHHHHHH SVENYAAAAA!" because I wanted to test how far I could fall until I died, and completed the Golden Claw quest. I reckon I'm going to join the Stormcloaks because fuck the Imperials. Imperials? In a game? Never a good sign.

  I also delivered a letter from Faendal to Camilla and told her it was from Sven. So now Camilla doesn't ever want to speak to Sven again. He was the one that started the whole mess of a situation though, I mean, he wanted me to take a letter to Camilla and say it was from Faendal, and I couldn't do that. I just couldn't! Faendal did nothing wrong! I know Sven played me a song when I was relaxing at the inn but I simply dislike the way he throws his weight around. If anything I feel bad for Camilla. The lady spends her days sweeping Lucan's shop and can't even get a break in her romantic life.

  Not entirely sure how to go about making potions yet, but I've spent a bit of time cooking and getting a few levels up. I'm using Faendal to up my archery level, too, but because he's a follower now, I can just access his inventory, take the money I gave him and use it again for more archery training. Seems a bit backwards honestly, but it's amusing to say the least. I'm just really looking forward to getting in some decent playtime and seeing how I progress. I'm loving it so far.

  See you guys on Friday, might have a few more updates for then.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
12/09/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment