Friday 1 September 2017

Burnt Out

  Getting back in touch with ex's is always weird. Like there's that, 'hi there, I've seen you naked and this is weird', but if you're on good terms it can also be, 'remember that chicken shop we discovered together? We're bonded for life, man'. Whether that's good or bad, it happened.

  I'm currently watching my partner live stream on Instagram and writing this blog post. Occasionally I'll add small insights among their mumbly singing, (usually stupid jokes to get a smile out of them), but usually I just sit here and watch. There's something about watching their overexposed face, ghost-like in front of a black curtain while doing their abrasive makeup, that fills me with a warm feeling. In the pit of my ribcage, not like running down my leg or anything. Days of incontinence are far ahead of me, here's hoping.

  I tend to do this, you see. When I'm not talking about a specific topic, this is what you get. Awkward, nonsensical idiocies that nobody really wants to read. I suppose I get to look back and say, 'oh, that's what you were thinking that night, Meta... what the hell is wrong with you?" Many things, I can assure you.

  I want to code more text games but right now I'm putting all my creative energy into the thing that I'm writing. Novel seems like a very adult word that I'm not ready to use yet, but I hope I get to that point soon. I'm trying my best not to creatively burn myself out, but right now my days consist of writing blog posts, occasional short stories to exercise my style and vocabulary, and then the... the thing.

  It looks a bit weird that I started off this post by mentioning my ex. I think I was going to talk more about it as a topic but now I honestly can't remember. I deviated too much, now I'm not even sure how to end this. What did I cover? Babe, creative energy, burning out, cool okay. I think I'll leave it at that. This already makes zero sense as it is.

  Goodnight everybody.

  (I just read over this before publishing and... yeesh).

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
01/09/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment