Wednesday 16 May 2018

It's Okay

  Today I was going to post something like an insignificant update that I wrote about three or four days ago, just to put something out. But I decided it seemed disingenuous to me so I'd rather not do that. Instead, I just want to take a few moments to assure you of a few things.

  I'm well aware this is something people tell you all the time, but I think it's important.

  So calm down, take a few seconds to relax. It's okay. Everything is going to be okay. Nothing else matters right now except you. It's okay to feel like you're not good enough. It's okay to cry. It's okay to not be okay. I don't think any of us, collectively as a species, are inherently or intrinsically okay. Not really. Not for an amount of time that might mean something. But what we can take comfort and solace in is the times that maybe we can say, "actually, I am okay." Focus on that, those moments in the future where you can just let go. Because you're okay.

  It's okay to sleep, rest and to make time to work on yourself. Everything is under control. It's okay to look after yourself. In fact, self-care is something we so often forget but, it's okay. Go drink some water, go make your favourite food, order takeout, find a blanket and cuddle up on the sofa to watch your favourite show. Make time for you, because you are the most important person on this planet. You don't make enough time for yourself, so go do that.

  Have a pleasant day or night, and know that If you’re not okay right now, you will be.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
16/05/2018

  

No comments:

Post a Comment