Wednesday 20 June 2018

A Year in Reflection

  My schedule, at this point, is non-existent. Do you miss me? Do you miss me at all? When I used to plan things and upload on time before my life sTARTED FALLING APART-

  I'm kidding.

  I'm not, but still! Schedules are for people with no imagination. Who knows when I'll just pop in with an innovative, groundbreaking post that completely alters your perception of the world around you... I've been wondering the same thing. Where oh where did my good content go? I've no idea, but you know what? You know why the blog is drying up like Amy Schumer's career? (Somebody please make her stop). It's because it's been a whole year since I started this... this thing!

  Woo!

  Hurrah!

  Happy Anniversary to you Meta Sentience!

  Somebody, please send help. Release me from this hell.

  In all seriousness, I feel like I've explored a lot of things this past year. I've uploaded twice every week, more if the situation struck me, and I've felt a growth. An insignificant amount of self-discovery, perhaps, but an amount nonetheless. I've given myself time to focus properly on my writing, which is something I wanted to achieve. I set a goal, and for once I actually made the effort to reach it. Maybe I didn't cover anything some people would find particularly interesting, but I did it.

  It's actually strange thinking back on the posts that I've written in only twelve months. Game and movie reviews, my thoughts and feelings about certain things - I even broached politics; something I promised I would stay away from for your benefit. The YouTube drama that was taking place back in January with Logan Paul being allowed to do as he pleases. He is a persisting problem, by the way, somebody get on that ASAP. Can anybody really believe it's been six months since he strolled into the suicide forest with the intention of filming corpses for that sweet, sweet ad revenue?

  And where are we now? ... me complaining about my drastically declining mental health while my life continuously struggles to get started. The jump cables keeping me running are held together with glue and electrical tape but somehow they refuse to give out. I'm proud of myself for that if nothing else. That, and for this blog. In a way, it's been a lifeline and maybe I haven't given it or myself enough credit.

  I might think about uploading once a week now that the first year is over. More time might give me a chance to write some great and meaningful content. I'd like that a lot. Thank you for sticking with me and for giving me the benefit of the doubt when I was struggling. Having my writing seen by the few that still read this feels indescribably euphoric. You give me the chance to be heard.

  Thank you. x

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
20/06/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment