Tuesday 5 June 2018

Post-Con Blues

  Post-convention blues; not as cool as G.I Blues, but still very much a thing. The depression that clouds your head after an event where you see certain people only once or twice a year. It seems to come around so slowly, and then it's gone in the blink of an eye. But I can say I had a lot of fun and met a bunch of lovely people as well. The heat was the only thing really offputting about the entire weekend. It was way hotter than last year - to put that into perspective, I wore all leather and somehow faired better.

  The rain on Saturday morning, though, was lovely. We left my flat dressed to the nines just as the downpour started, slow and steady at first before it picked up and became ten times heavier. I've always preferred the wet weather to sunny weather in terms of temperature control at conventions, and this time we got both. When we got there we stood beneath an umbrella for twenty or so minutes, squished in with our two friends, before we were allowed in.

  It was the standard convention experience, but I had an amazing time as always. I'd describe it in more detail but honestly, I'm starving and need to go make my dinner. Have a great week everyone.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
05/06/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment