Wednesday 7 March 2018

Delirium

  Once again I have proved that I am a terrible, unorganised wreck of a human being. I completely forgot what day it was yesterday. You know what day it was? It was Tuesday, and Tuesdays are blog post days. In fairness, I have developed a sickness, (wah-ah-ah-ah), within the last 24 hours, and I am feeling extremely unwell.

  At the weekend I spoke to a family member of an old friend - or somebody that used to be my friend and is now, for all intents and purposes... not. Getting back in touch with said person is somewhat of a pipe dream at the moment because I don’t actually believe they want contact with me, and that’s okay. But you can bet your ass I’m not giving up. I will have the contact I want sooner or later, even if it’s being told to go away, to never speak to them again, and at a last resort having a restraining order filed against me.

  I’m kidding! ... maybe.

  But honestly, searching for this person is giving me a misplaced, possibly senile, sense of drive right now. It’s like on those TV shows where some celebrity gets help in finding ancestors. What’s it called? ‘Who Do You Think You Are’? Sounds about right. The only difference is they’re not dead, or really old, they’ve simply erased themselves from any and all social media in a futile attempt to avoid me. You think you can hide from me? Me? Your naivety is beyond leaps and bounds at this point, you’re practically doing jumping jacks.

  I sound like a lunatic and that can only be explained away by the sickly deliriousness I’m experiencing. I bet you missed these long, drawn out blog posts where you read it, question my mental stability and inevitably close the browser confused, concerned and questioning the collusion between my brain and my fingertips. How did they work together to create this window into my head? I wish I knew. I’m bound to read it over in a week or two and wonder what the hell type of caffiene and cold medicine induced high I was on.

  I feel great, though. Honest.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
07/03/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment