Tuesday 1 August 2017

Advancement

  As difficult as writing can be, I find it comes a bit easier if I actually open up the word document. That might sound obvious, but remember that thing I said I started? Well, I've opened that file every single day since I started it, even when I really haven't felt like it. I'm only on the sixth page, but I haven't thrown it away yet. For me, that's a personal little goal I've managed to stick at. Even if I've only written a paragraph, I got something down. I think that could be the main thing that's kept me going. Actually forcing myself to go ahead and take that step.

  It's impossible to predict what tiny, (or huge), thing that happens during your day could drive you to create. I find it's best to note things down as needed, just in case. The other day I had a banging idea before I fell asleep, and now I've no idea what it was. That's frustrating in itself, Especially if it was something that could've moved the story along easier. When I'm writing, I have a hard time filling the gaps. I don't want to feel like I'm rambling about a character devouring his toast like a monster chewing and consuming children in it's foul smelling maw. So tantalized is he by said toast that his canines are dripping, and he remains a slobbering mess. See what I mean?

  I don't want to be stuck as a short story writer, I need to change something, I need to DO something. Yesterday I found almost three chapters of a project I basically threw away last year because I lost the spark with it. Reading it back, what I have isn't bad. The issue is it's 18 pages and I've no idea how to get it to where it needs to be. I've done this so many times that my recycle bin is actually named, 'important projects folder'.

  I need to push through this drought and break the mold, and I want you to do the same. Whatever you're struggling with, whether it's art, your job or life in general, you should keep pushing. You never know who you'll inspire. Hell, you might even help somebody like me.

  See you next time on When Will Meta Stop Pandering To His Audience?! (Probably never. Get out while you still can).

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
01/08/2017

  

No comments:

Post a Comment