Tuesday 27 February 2018

Familiarity

  Got back in touch with somebody I haven’t been in contact with since around September last year, and it was honestly such a reassuring feeling. We called for an hour and it felt like nothing had changed at all. In a way, I suppose it hadn’t. I’ve always been a heavy advocate for, ‘if you want to speak to me then you know where I am’, but this time I decided to take a chance and actually drop them a message. People being scatterbrained and forgetful is often the reason for no contact, so sometimes it’s worth taking the step to fix that.

  Don't get me wrong, there will be times that if you try to speak to somebody, they won't respond. They'll leave you on seen and you'll remain in a state of confusion when you think of them. That's the part that hurts, but sometimes you can reach out into the void, and by some improbable means you'll find that the void will reach back. It's those scenarios that are worth the effort.

  It's been reaching out to me a lot lately and grasping me tight, and I can truly say I'm thankful. I'm appreciative of those around me, and if they're reading this then they'll know who they are. Reach out to somebody today. Catch up with that person you offered to meet for coffee all those months ago, call someone back, tell them you miss them.

  Have a great day, everybody.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
27/02/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment