Wednesday 25 July 2018

The Egotist

  I chose the title simply because it sounded similar to The Escapist by Nightwish. Proper bop, that is. I prefer to have short and sweet titles; that way once it's thought of it's done and I don't have to acknowledge it again. Plus sometimes they're clever and I get a kick out of them. (This is not one of those times).

  Anyway, the title is in reference to a bloke volunteering where I work. He's one of those people that fall into the archetype of speaking constantly but says absolutely nothing of use or interest. He speaks when he isn't spoken to and when I have no desire to be interacting with anyone, let alone somebody I do not know nor care about. If you think I'm embellishing the point too hard, let me elaborate. Supposedly he's originally from Ireland and moved to where I am located when he reached the budding age of seven, he speaks English, Irish, Dutch and is learning Spanish. He's a goth, (allegedly? I'm not sure why he bothered with that piece of information or saw it as important, as well as his deviating sexuality), and apparently, he has numerous mental issues and attempted suicide.

  I'm not being pedantic, and I'm not making fun, but is the latter really something you tell somebody upon your first meeting? Is it necessary for our work relationship that I am told? Is he a risk to me personally? No...? Then I don't care. I have no interest in his life whatsoever and I do not care to learn. He shows strong signs of narcissism and he is a pathological liar. I don't want to be fed information, and certainly not if it is false. We are not friends. We aren't going to go drinking together and form an astoundingly beautiful connection. I am not somebody for him to dump his problems onto, real or not. Who would've thought I'd have to state that outright.

  I'm done being pessimistic now. I just wanted to get that out. Have a good rest of the week.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
25/07/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment