Tuesday 20 June 2017

Welcome To The Meta Life

  I guess it's always been a dream of mine to do or create something profound. Something so thought provoking that it stuck with people for days, months, even years. I haven't found that thing yet, hence why I'm writing this, I suppose.

  I don't want to come across as pretentious or self absorbed, more self-seeking if anything, and of course when I said 'always' before, I'm referring more to the last few years of my life. Y'know, after I graduated from eating dirt and playing with snails in my back garden as a kid.

  After leaving college two years ago with just enough to pass the course, I feel like I'm still in the transitional stage of my life. You know the bit; the part where you go from 'slightly less naive young adult' to a full blown grown up in the blink of an eye. Everybody around you begins pinching your cheek and asking what it's like to be older, and it's a difficult question to answer because there's no difference. Other than the fact you have more decisions to make that will further impact your life. The ironic part is they already know the answer; there isn't one.

  There are things like what I've just described that I've found, and have had very interesting reactions to, (I'll end up talking about those things at some point, I can safely say), but of course, none of it has been my own. That's where my personal struggle comes in. The discovering of beautiful works filled with depth that are not my own.

  My brain is somewhat of a green eyed monster in that sense. I know I should look at things in a way that congratulates and appreciates, and I do, but there's a part of me that is selfish enough to ask why I couldn't have come up with said brilliant thing. The only thing to do really, on my part and yours if you're having the same issue, is to have ambition and to hope you have the motivation to achieve it. Or rather than hoping, you could actually work for it.

  The motivation for this new project was sparked by Kit, my very fantastic graphic designer friend, so a special thanks to her for re-igniting my passion for writing. I'm quickly realising this introduction is longer and ramblier than I might've liked, so I'm going to go. As you can see I have a lot of work to do. Self discovery and stuff.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
20/06/2017

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog community Elijah! You write beautifully! Looking forward for more of your musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your one comment, everything seems a little more worth it. Thank you.

      Delete