Friday 24 November 2017

Philosophies of Jim

  Madness is so often mistaken for philosophy, so my question to you is; how often do you think philosophy is mistaken for madness? How many times do you think somebody said something comparable to, 'yo, um, guys? I think the earth might be round??' and drew the same reaction? Probably not many, right? Why listen to some crazy old man who supposedly knows nothing outside of himself?

  I don't know. Jim Carrey's been on the brain lately and people seem to think he's going a bit doolally. I believe he's a lot more down to earth than people care to understand. He's unhappy, and has been for a long time due to the amount of time he himself has been stuck as Jim Carrey: Funny-man extraordinaire. He made a promise to himself that he would make ten million before he turned thirty, and he did that. Unfortunately, only now does he realise that wealth doesn't make a sad man happy.

  It breaks my heart to see a man I have so much respect for, an individual who has single-handedly molded my sense of humour into what it is today, in such a discontented and dilapidated state. I would give anything to have a one on one conversation with Jim over Jim Carrey any day of the week. How often do you think people asked for that?

  If there's one thing I can take from Jim, one thing I can shamelessly live by, it's that life doesn't happen to you, it happens for you. You can fail at what you don't want, so you may as well take a chance doing what you love.

  Have a great weekend, everybody.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
24/11/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment