Tuesday 3 May 2022

I Miss

    I miss the way your fingers would tap whatever surface you were leaning on when you began to think deeply.
    I miss the way you would hold my hand, the way it felt like you thought you’d lose me if you let go.
    I miss the catch in your throat that came just before a thought that wasn’t properly thought out.
    I miss the way the food would fall out of your mouth when you ate because it always made me laugh.
    I miss the way you would message me out of the blue saying you loved me, not because I liked it or needed to hear it, but because you liked it and needed to say it.
    I miss the way you would ask if I wanted to see you, because of course I did, and of course I do.
    I miss the way we would both pass and waste time listening to music in your car, the way you’d lean your head, and sometimes your body on mine.
    I miss the way we raced our remote control cars in the burning heat for spontaneous fun.
    I miss the way we complained together about our respective problems.
    I miss the way your hugs would feel so urgent, like you needed my warmth or my closeness and affection.
    I miss the way you needed to be near me at all times, as if we were bound together and we would break if we parted.
    I miss the way you would always come to me first if you needed anything, including advice, opinions, or help.
    I miss the way I could see you anytime.
    I miss the way you would agree to watch movies with me and then fall asleep beside me when it got too much.
    I miss being able to make memories with you.
    I miss being around you.
    I miss those early days because it was all new again and yet so familiar.
    I miss being needed.
    I miss being your friend.
    I miss being wanted.
    I miss being around you.
    I miss being there.
    I miss being your friend.
    I miss you.

Signed,
Elijah.
Meta Sentience.
01/05/2022

No comments:

Post a Comment